In summer, many celebrities of the time, such as Princess de Drago, Duchess di Cuneo and Countess Valeria stayed at the hotel for two to three months. Also a number of American families ventured into the area, such as the family of Maestro Serafin, conductor at the Metropolitan Opera in New York, or the Bartis family, rich Argentinean land owners.
In the 1930s, the Fascists demanded that the hotel be renamed after the Marchese Diana family from Rome. They were the first guests at the hotel after the renaming. In 1941, the Urtaler family sold the hotel and moved away to Austria, to Salzburg. In the following years, the hotel changed owners a couple of times. liebt.
In the 1960s, the hotel was renovated and fitted with a central heating and bathrooms, as well as with an outdoor pool and children’s playground. Towards the end of the decade, the hotel became more and more popular with German guests, and winter tourism in the area increased dramatically. As a consequence, the hotel kept expanding and more and more facilities were added. The indoor pool, dining room, lounge, additional rooms and the Dependance Diana facilities were added. During these years of change, the Schiner Family finally took over the hotel.
In 2000, part of the hotel was taken down and today’s modern, comfortable facilities were constructed at the foot of the Dolomites. Further renovations included a new, spacious reception area in luxurious nut wood furnishings, 21 stylish, spacious deluxe suites, and a superb sauna area. Today, the hotel blends in perfectly with its harmonious surroundings and the traditional village of Siusi/Seis in the Dolomites.
Your Gerhard, Karin and Walter